What is Audio Book?
An audiobook is a recording that is primarily of the spoken word as opposed to music. While it is often based on a recording of commercially available printed material, this is not always the case. It was not intended to be descriptive of the word “book” but is rather a recorded spoken program in its own right and not necessarily an audio version of a book. Spoken audio was originally primarily available in school and public libraries and to a lesser extent in music shops. It was not until the 1980s that there began a concerted effort to attract book retailers. As book publishers entered the field of spoken-word publishing, the transition to book retailers carrying audiobooks became commonplace on bookshelves rather than in separate displays. To put it simply, it is textual content (usually, that of a regular book) spoken and recorded onto a medium such as CDs or cassettes. This makes the content accessible to the blind or illiterate and on occasions when reading is impractical or impossible, e.g., driving or excercising.
Advantages of the Audio Book?
- Listening to audio books is convenient and it fits into the busy lifestyle of city dweller. You can listen to your favorite novels anytime anywhere, while you are walking, shopping, waiting at a doctor’s clinic or doing housework.
- For many people, listening to an audio book is more entertaining and exciting than reading a paperback book.
- For those of you who have to look at the computer monitor and documents for hours, listening to an audio book is more relaxing to your strained eyes after work.
- Downloading audio titles is easy and quick. You don’t need to wait for the shipment to arrive or find a particular book at the bookstore.
- Audio books are affordable. Many audio book clubs provide audio book download and rental services at low cost.
- Audio book is a good learning tool. You can improve your listening skill and vocabulary by listening to the audio book alone or reading the paperback book at the same time.
- Parents can listen to audio books together with their kids and have fun. An audio book can substitute a bedtime story.
- For the book publishers, audio book recordings can be duplicated easily and downloadable audio books will never run out of stock.
- Unlike paperback books, audio books can be kept for indefinite period of time, they are easy to store and do not take up space.
Sonic Octaves Audio Books Types
- Short Stories
- Historical Books
- Many Others…